BlitzMetrics.com Editorial Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in contributing to Blitzmetrics.com!
Read this document carefully and submit your article ideas, changes, or questions directly to email@example.com.
- Don’t repurpose existing work. We also don’t accept co-authored articles or syndicate from other publications without explicit permission. Keep your content all-new and all-you.
- Check your facts. We don’t want to put misinformation out there, nor do we want to get into legal trouble for copyright infringement.
- Any content submitted will have a two-week exclusive on our site. After that, feel free to do whatever you want with it (as long as you remove any images we purchased or created).
- We LOVE first-hand experiences and step-by-step how-to’s. Our motto has and always will be “Metrics, Analysis, Action” – Show your data, explain your data, then form a strategy. We do not accept theoretical strategies that are untested, and require that you show your work for everything.
As far as copyright goes, you own it and retain all rights to your content.
However, once published on our website, we receive:
- A two-week exclusive license.
- A non-exclusive transferable license for us to use the content in perpetuity (forever) on our site and elsewhere.
- A non-exclusive license to promote and syndicate the content across partner and affiliate sites in perpetuity.
PLEASE DON’T. This includes using screenshots of your own product or service in a promotional way.
If you’d like, you can include a single link to relevant educational material housed on a website you own, but our editorial team will decide if it makes it into the published article.
If you promote a third-party product or service, we consider it a conflict of interest, and your article will be rejected. We’ll revoke your access if this is violated multiple times.
Your Author Bio
Your bio can be up to 50 words and can include one link (other than your main website — we’ll link to that).
Your display photo will use Gravatar.com, so make sure it’s up to date. To maximize your exposure, have your personal branding polished up by completing our Personal Branding Guide.
We provide how-to articles and share insider campaign data using our Metrics Analysis Action (MAA) process, as well as highlighting strategies from verticals such as sports teams, and education topics.
We welcome articles written for beginners, but encourage you to submit intermediate topics as well. Many of our readers have grown with our site and desire more advanced content.
We will not accept most forms of listicles, as we seek to provide actionable articles based on real-world results to our readers. If you have an original idea, however, please contact us and we’ll consider it.
Make sure your content has a strong headline and opener to attract readers when it is shared on social media.
For examples of content on our site:
- Your landing page might be broken — here’s how to fix it
- How to create your LinkedIn Professional Journey in just 3 clicks
- My experiences with BlitzMetrics. Learning from my mistakes and taking second chances.
- Why you can’t automate your campaigns
All submitted articles must be at least 500 words, but, since we edit each submission, we recommend new authors send us a draft of at least 1000 words,
Content is key for BlitzMetrics, so be sure to include plenty of quality advice and examples.
Our Article Template
Check out our 9 Triangles and pay close attention to MAA (metrics, analysis, action). Structure your article this way.
When writing, please:
- Use short sentences that are easy to read.
- Watch for passive voice.
- Transition to new sections using bolded subheads.
- Begin subheads (<h2>) with a verb and keep them succinct.
- Avoid second level subheads (<h3>), as they are not easy to format on the website.
You can learn more tips by downloading our Content Marketing Guide.
Because our articles are “how to” and tip-based, headlines reflect that. Here are a couple examples:
- How to Use Twitter Remarketing Ads to Target Site Visitors
- 7 Facebook Marketing Tips to Improve Your Visibility
Visit http://www.blitzmetrics.com/blog and look at our headlines for inspiration. We may alter your headline during the editorial process to fit our style.
When you refer to a name, company, tool, or quote, include a link to the source so readers can discover more, like this: Dennis Yu founded BlitzMetrics.
- Only use links in the body of your text.
- Use the source’s original link. Do not use affiliate links; links with the code from your Google reader or other source (including UTM); or shortened links such as bit.ly.
- Link to at least one BlitzMetrics post. Why? It allows readers to find additional resources on our site, and helps us track unauthorized republications of your work.
Images and Video
We recommend one image for every section or five paragraphs, but you can place them closer together if you want (e.g., two or three paragraphs apart).
Please don’t stack (i.e., two images or more images without text in between) or place them at the beginning of your article without first giving context.
Make sure you own and have rights to all content submitted with your article. Include proof of that permission with your article submission.
IMPORTANT: Photos/images should not exceed 1280 pixels wide and should be no smaller than 800 pixels high (this includes screenshots). Your picture must retain optimal quality when reduced to 480 pixels wide to fit on our website.
Save your images as .png or .jpg files. When emailing your article, attach images separately from the Word doc so we can upload them to our server.
In screenshots, please include enough of the page to make it clear to readers that it’s a screenshot, not a stock photo. Highlight important points with a red circle or box and explain the numbers (see below).
If you absolutely must use a stock image (not recommended), go to http://www.shutterstock.com to choose an appropriate image and let us know the photo number so we can find it or a replacement for your article.
You may use video in your posts. If you would like to link to other YouTube and Vimeo videos, include the URL to the video and we’ll embed.
Article Review and Publication
Editorial can take up to 3-4 weeks. Once submitted, we will contact you if we need additional information, edits, images, or rewrites.
Be sure to check your article once it has been published and respond to as many comments and questions as possible using the reply button under each comment. Please continue to respond for the next several days following publication.
Please note that all comments will be moderated and may take up to 24 hours for approval.
It’s also important to check the BlitzMetrics Facebook Page for the post on your article and respond to comments there. This will give you more exposure.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Topics: Real-world campaign data / actionable strategy, How-tos, Personal experiences.
Syndication: Not allowed.
Copyright: Author / Owner retained.
Exclusivity: 2 weeks with lifetime non-exclusive use after that
Minimum Article length: 500 Words.
Bio Length: 50 words with 1 link allowed.
Self-Promotion: Not allowed.
Picture / Video Sizes and attribution: 1280×800 (16:9 format) ORIGINAL content – No stock images allowed.
Links: Non-affiliate / non-promotional links allowed, but must have one linking to a BlitzMetrics property.
Ready to get started? Click here to set up an author account. A member of our editorial team will contact you shortly.