Show notes are an important part of your podcast because they continue your relationship with your listeners after the show is over. Consider how this is one step in this continuous chain of processing raw content into edited, cross-posted, boosted content.
Here’s some tips for writing show notes in order to entice your audience.
- The main objective is to drive users to listen to the podcast– arousing their curiosity by generating open loops.
- Entice the reader with: “Learn HOW”, “Discover WHAT…” “Find out WHICH”, “the BEST TECHNIQUE to …”
- Learn HOW to create your own digital marketing agency!
- Discover WHAT Dennis Yu has to say about creating your own videos!
- The BEST TECHNIQUE to drive new leads!
- Include a CTA (Call to Action button) Use a website like Clickminded to create your own CTA button.
- Utilize a social plug-in to enable social proof, and measure your analytics.
- Create an all-important cover image of the host to draw their attention, for example with colored rays emanating from them.
- Use key takeaways at the end of your notes: “Scroll to the end of the article for links to important resources mentioned in this episode.”
- The host’s Bio, in this case – Meet Dennis Yu
- Link to personal website or blog
- Email address
- Social media profiles Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Operating a podcast does not only include saying the perfect things to your audience on camera. You must also put in the work to pique their interest before, during and after the show. Show notes are are just one way to grab their attention, and share important bits of information that could be lost among the sea of information. Give them a few life rafts to hold onto.
About the Author
He is the host of the CoachYu show, a digital marketing certification program that partners together with industry professionals just like doctors, engineers, and teachers where people can get trained and have a job at the same time.
He has been building brands and teaching marketing for over 13 years.
Specializes in helping young adults to grow into the leaders of tomorrow, by confidently developing their marketing skills through training programs and seminars with enterprise clients like The Golden State Warriors, Nike, and Rosetta Stone.
He developed the Technology Partner for Digital Marketing Agencies and Personal Brands. A RevShare Partnership Program that enables growing companies to stay competitive.
None of this would be possible without the generous support of partners such as DigitalMarketer, Social Media Examiner, Fiverr, GoDaddy, Keap, OmniConvert, Onlinejobs.ph, Tom Ferry, Barry Habib, and others who believe in training up millions of digital marketing professionals.
Dennis has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, LA Times, National Public Radio, TechCrunch, Fox News, CNN, CBS Evening News and co-authored “Facebook Nation” – a textbook taught in over 700 colleges and universities.
Dennis is an internationally acclaimed speaker in Facebook Marketing who has spoken countless times in 17 countries, spanning five continents including keynote events at L2E, PubCon, Digital Agency Expo, Marketo Summit, and B2C Growth & Innovation Virtual Summit.
Besides being a data and ad connoisseur, Dennis enjoys eating spicy buffalo wings or might just spot him playing Ultimate Frisbee under the sun.
You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or on one of his social accounts below.