I’ll be in a webinar this morning at 9 AM with Social Media Today. In it, we’ll be talking about paid and organic exposure on Facebook. But before all that, to make sure you’re up to speed, there are a few stats and facts you should know:
- Last September Facebook changed it algorithm, so users see less in their News Feeds. Because of this, reach and engagement have gone down.
- In Hollywood, for example, the biggest film studios saw a 23% decline in user engagement and a 45% drop in reach.
- Organic coverage is down 33% from July, while paid coverage is up 141% in November and 121% in December.
- There is a strong positive correlation between paid impressions and engagement rates. Pages that advertise get a 373% increase in organic impressions.
- Yet, 77% of Facebook pages aren’t running Facebook ads.
- The more a brand spends on ads, the higher its engagement.
- Between October and December of last year, the average CPC increased by 135% and the average CPM increased by 55%.
- During the same period, both the social CTR and non-social CTR have declined by 56.8% and 58% respectively.
The other panelists will be:
- Zach Magnum, VP of Social Products at Infusionsoft and Co-Founder of GroSocial.
- Douglas Karr, Chief Blogger/Founder of the Marketing Technology Blog and CEO of DK New Media.
- Richard Krueger, Senior Director of Marketing at MicroStrategy.
Moderated by Paul Dunay, Global Vice President of Marketing for Maxymiser.
Don’t forget to visit our resources below.
I look forward to seeing you at the webinar!