We need someone to work on WordPress websites– to use our templates to make minor modifications to personal brand sites, client sites, etc. You don’t have to be a copywriter, since we have already said all the words in webinars and articles. But you do need to know how to turn these into landing pages and understand how landing pages, especially on vanity domains work.
We build a lot of websites on WordPress, integrating Infusionsoft, LearnDash, LeadPages, our custom dashboard, and some other components. We have a few dozen domains we’ve bought to promote our relationships with tools (Descript, Semrush, Jasper, GoTolstoy), platforms (GoDaddy, Fiverr, TikTok), and organizations (Onlinejobs.ph, DigitalMarketer, etc)…
All LAMP stack, but you don’t need to be an engineer, though you do need to be handy with HTML and CSS to work with our templates.
Here’s an example of a great landing page (that could be a vanity domain, too): https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/gacourse/
These are websites for our public figures–experts in various industries that have courses and packages to sell. They all can use the same template, which you can help tweak via WordPress MU or another WordPress platform– to inject a homepage background video, a few articles, a couple of landing pages, an “about” section, and so forth.
And all our sites have a Google Tag Manager container that has the client’s Facebook pixel, Google Analytics pixel, AdWords pixel, and some other items, so we can run ads and analytics to drive sales. We call this Digital plumbing.
Does this sound like you so far?
If you don’t have all these skills, that’s okay. You must be willing to learn and advance through our leveling system, working at a rate that fits your level as you progress, getting mentored by our other people.
In fact, we expect you to not have experience with many of these platforms, as they change all the time. Plus, we have our own software we’ve been building, which you’ll need to learn.
This is a long-term, full-time position since we are building this over the next 10 years and more, creating a powerful education system to train anyone who wants to become proficient in digital marketing, as well as to offer packages to various businesses that want implementation.
You don’t have to be a full “designer”, nor manage servers, but if you can do this or want to learn, even better. Let us know.
Many VAs applying will say they can build websites, meaning they can install a WordPress theme on a new domain, play with GUI-driven settings, and lightly edit templates. We’re looking for much more than that– tell us about your experience or even your lack of experience (but hunger to learn).
For example, if you have an account on GitHub (or contributing code in other places), is not afraid of scripting languages, and have sites you’ve built (showing what you used), that’s a good sign.
You must also have excellent client skills since we’d want to be able to loop you into client threads like this without us needing to explain in detail or follow up to make sure you understand. That means you’re awesome on Skype– reliable and fast.
We have been around for 10 years selling digital marketing courses and implementing digital marketing packages. So we have a lot of client documents that need editing, brochures of what we do to polish up, checklists that we must update with screenshots, and so forth.
While we expect you to be proficient at managing websites, the most important skill you can have is strong communication and organization skills to be on top of your email, basecamp (our project management system), and Skype (how we primarily communicate).
The three-level roles of WebMaster:
- A level 1 (junior) engineer VA ($8-15/ hour) can do basic digital plumbing, can speak decent English, and can share examples of sites you’ve built via WordPress and ClickFunnels– showing you know not just how to assemble these assets, but working effectively in a team.
- A level 2 (standard) engineer VA ($15-25/hour) can handle most webmaster work, tweak copy, integrate with marketing automation systems (we use Infusionsoft and LearnDash), and are handy with front-end tools (not WordPress plug-ins, but UX). You should be able to set up Google Tag Manager for conversion tracking, so you know how our courses are performing– not just to launch more landing pages.
- And a level 3 (senior) engineer VA ($25+ per hour) can do sensitive, admin-level work, you are a killer web architect— technically proficient across our whole stack, but also conversationally fluid working directly with our experts who are teaching the courses. Perhaps you know how to manage a team of other web devs– and know how to document what you’re doing, step-by-step for others to follow. After all, we are in the business of producing training that leads directly to jobs.
- If you’re super senior, then you might also help us with configuring our site builder, which sits on top of WordPress (not MU) to generate websites, or our analytics dashboard that pulls in data via many APIs to social networks to do social scoring (lots of python and Go).
We believe attitude is more important than current skill since we hire for the long term.
If you’re looking for a great team to be a part of for years to come, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this job, answer this quiz:
And send an email to email@example.com with:
- Your portfolio.
- Why do you want to work for our company.
- Include “MEERKAT” in the subject line, so we know you’re paying attention.
- One minute video of your understanding of what BlitzMetrics does. You can prepare by writing bullets, but do not read the words to your camera. We’re looking for communication skills, not the lighting or how nice your hair is. Communicating without reading a script is key.
If you submit an unpersonalized response, it will get ignored.
As you get better– doing better quality work, demonstrating you can coordinate with teammates, and increasing your skills, we’ll pay you more.
Most of our teammates started at Level 1 making a few dollars an hour and some are now making over $20/hour after 8-9 years with us. We have a career development and goals planning process, where the company is actively helping you achieve the goals you set. We want you to succeed
If you can edit a video, even better, since we have many videos and interviews that we produce, which we need to chop up into smaller bits, categorize, and load into our training system.
And you must be a good team player since we like to go through many drafts to get our materials just right.
You must be super-duper reliable on email and using basecamp, our project management system.
And help us document what we’re building.
We prefer someone who has experience managing a team, but we’ll train up a junior person, too.
If there are multiple people qualified, then we’ll hire multiple people– since we customize jobs to make our people happy, as opposed to trying to find already “perfect” candidates.
Some examples of sites we like:
brendon.com — strong personal branding (famous people).
digitalmarketer.com — education and lead gen– selling guides, courses, and certifications.
Here’s a walk-through of one of the things we’re building, which will integrate with our various WordPress sites: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGfN0efgMKE
We advance people based on merit, so you can move up as quickly as your performance demonstrates. So while the qualifying process is rigorous, the reward for joining a high-caliber, the awesome team is worth it.
After all, wouldn’t you want to work with amazing people who make you better and are fun to be around? We treat our people like family.
To get a taste of what we’re known for, watch this video and demonstrate in your application that you truly understand why the biggest companies seek us out: https://www.facebook.com/rehan33/posts/10229703202023997