Digital Plumbing Course
Do you know where you're losing customers?
Successful Marketing Needs Digital Plumbing
Digital plumbing tracks all your data across all your channels (websites, social, etc.). Not just pixels, but emails, custom audiences of all sorts, URL parameters, and so forth.
Tracking allows for remarketing to website visitors. Analyze which website visitors are buyers, build custom audiences, and run warm traffic through the 6 Phase Social Amplification Engine to convert.
The plumbing setup uses a central tool called Google Tag Manager (GTM). Although it’s from Google, it is platform-independent and works with Facebook and other pixels (or tags). Tag management is a central piece of every company or website’s online marketing.
The tool is used to easily manage all tracking pixels on a website (Facebook, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Yahoo!, etc.). GTM uses one container (=source code) on a website. The container then loads tags (=other code) based on triggers we define. Here is a brief intro to the Tag Manager by Google.
By setting up and installing GTM, we set the stage to create powerful marketing campaigns inside of Facebook and Google Ads. This speeds up the process of building marketing campaigns and reduces cost by eliminating the need to hire a developer to modify site code.
Google Tag Manager is a powerful first step in building data-driven marketing campaigns across your website, lead pages, or e-commerce store. Our step-by-step course helps you to make sure that there are no leaks in your marketing efforts.
It covers all of the foundational steps to analyze and amplify your online marketing performance, or as we call it, getting your digital plumbing in place.
When you download the course, you can also get access to our interactive training modules and quizzes built straight into our free dashboard to keep track of your progress and consolidate your learning.
If you'd rather not figure this out on your own, we would be more than happy to set up your digital plumbing for you. To get started, click the button below.
This course will teach you...
- How to get your accounts ready
- Google Analytics (GA) Account setup
- Google Ads Account setup
- Facebook Business Manager setup
- Facebook Ad Account setup
- Facebook Page setup
- Google Tag Manager Account and Brief Introduction
- Installing Google Tag Manager
- Installing the Facebook Pixel
- Basic Facebook Conversion Tracking: Event Set-Up Tool
- Basic Facebook Conversion Tracking: Google Tag Manager
- Installing the Google Ads Remarketing Tag
- Basic Google Ads Conversion Tracking
- Installing Universal Analytics
- Basic Universal Analytics Goals
- Installing Google Analytics 4
- Basic Google Analytics 4 Events
- Verifying Google Search Console
- Linking Your Google Properties
- Verifying Your Tracking
- How to benefit from Google Tag Manager on your site
- How to easily add Google Analytics and Google Ads optimization data
If you're a business or marketer that is marketing products and/or services online, plumbing is foundational for understanding your audience and optimizing for your business goals. This course will take you deep into what you need to succeed.