Getting verified on Google is so easy in just 6 steps.
To get started, you need to have a Google account and follow these steps:
- Go to the Google Search Console.
- Click the “Start Now” button.
- Sign in with your Google account.
- Enter the URL of your website and click “Continue.”
- Select the method you want to use to verify your website. Several options are available, including HTML file upload, HTML tag, Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager.
- Follow the instructions provided to complete the verification process.
Once your website is verified, you’ll be able to use the Google Search Console to view and manage your website’s appearance in Google search results, submit sitemaps, and get alerts when Google encounters issues while crawling your website.
Once you’ve verified your account, you’ll get an email like the above. And then you’ll be able to claim your Google Knowledge Panel.
The Google Knowledge Panel is a box on the right side of the search results page when you search for a person, place, or organization. It contains information about your search topic, including a brief description, links to related websites, and other relevant details.
If you want to claim your Google Knowledge Panel, here are the steps you can follow:
- Make sure you have a Google account.
- Search for your name or the name of your organization on Google.
- If a Knowledge Panel appears in the search results, look for a link that says “Suggest an edit.”
- Click on the link and sign in to your Google account.
- Make any necessary edits to the information in the Knowledge Panel.
- Click the “Submit” button to save your changes.
Keep in mind that Google may only show a Knowledge Panel for some people, places, or organizations and that it may take some time for your changes to appear in the search results. So, if you don’t see a Knowledge Panel or a “Suggest an edit” link, it may not be possible to claim or edit the information.
About the Author