Over the past five years, we’ve hired multiple virtual assistants who have become long-term team players for BlitzMetrics and assisted our partners in getting high-quality virtual assistants following our proven hiring process.
The Mission: Create One Million Jobs
For a long time, I’ve had this dream of making a real impact on other people’s lives. It took some time before I realized what that could be. It became crystal clear when I realized that I could help people get jobs by teaching others what I do best, Digital Marketing.
Now, I have the opportunity to make my dream a reality by training others and helping them get jobs, jobs that have the potential to change lives.
So, that’s my mission, to create a million jobs for other people. It started in Pakistan and now, it's South Africa's turn.
Next, the world!
A Message From Our Dear Founder, Dennis Yu
South Africa is one of my favorite places. And South Africans are some of my favorite people
Grow With Us and Learn Our Process
Dennis Yu: The Genius Behind BlitzMetrics
Dennis Yu is co-author of the #1 best-selling book on Amazon in social media, The Definitive Guide to TikTok Ads. He has spent a billion dollars on Facebook ads across his agencies and agencies he advises. Mr. Yu is the "million jobs" guy-- on a mission to create one million jobs via hands-on social media training, partnering with universities and professional organizations.
You can find him quoted in major publications and on television such as CNN, the Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, NPR, and LA Times. Clients have included Nike, Red Bull, the Golden State Warriors, Ashley Furniture, Quiznos-- down to local service businesses like real estate agents and dentists. He's spoken at over 750 conferences in 20 countries, having flown over 6 million miles in the last 30 years to train up young adults and business owners. He speaks for free as long as the organization believes in the job-creation mission and covers business class travel.
You can find him hiking tall mountains, eating chicken wings, and taking Kaqun oxygen baths-- likely in a city near you.
How To Become One of Our Virtual Assistants
If you’re interested in becoming our virtual assistant, here's what you need to do:
- Research to find out what the job of a virtual assistant entails. The more familiar you are with the job, the better prepared you’ll be when applying.
- List down your skills and experience. What skills do you possess that are relevant to a virtual assistant? What work or school experiences have helped prepare you for this career path? Make a list of these things.
- Choose a role (see below).
- Go through the Level 1 Virtual Assistant course in our Academy and pass the quiz. Follow the steps below.
- Create an account in our Academy.
- Go to this order form and enter the promo code LVL1VAAFRICA to get the course for free.
- Log into your account and take the course.
- Take the quiz at the end.
- Take a screenshot of your score.
- Record your one-minute video and upload it to your Google Drive. Don't forget to mention those things that you listed down.
- Visit the page "3 mistakes that get applicants rejected" to increase your chances of getting hired.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (copy email@example.com) and submit the link to your one-minute video together with the screenshot of your quiz score.
- Wait for our reply.
1. Video Editor
- Takes raw videos and uploads to YouTube library and Content Library.
- Chops them up, edits them, and adds captions and effects.
- Uploads to Facebook as drafts.
What You Do:
Video Editing is one of the crucial roles in the team as we encourage our clients to make one-minute videos for a Dollar-a-Day. As a video editor, my main responsibility is to make sure that our videos are edited based on the standard that the company holds, may it be promo videos, one-minute videos, speaker reels, tutorials and teasers. Imagination, creativity and attention to details are essential skills that a video editor must have in order to generate the best possible video output. From placing video hooks to placing lower-thirds to proper color grading to sequencing the clips to mixing in the perfect music bed to enhancing the vocal narration to placing catchy titles, these are some of the main things needed to be considered in the editing process.
2. Content Specialist
- Transcribes audio
- Manage Quuu submissions.
- Lightweight editorial and coordination-- listicles, interviews, webinar summaries, Topic Wheels.
- Gather content to assemble Topic Wheel and other components of the client and internal Content Libraries
- Maintain guide iterations, working with full-time employees.
- Update master asset tracker and list of Infusionsoft landing pages.
- Create client-specific versions, including infographics.
What You Do:
I am currently a VA level 3 specialist and team lead of the design team. As a team lead my main responsibility is for the creative execution of cross-categorical projects and overseeing the quality and visual integrity standards of BlitzMetrics. Our design team can also be called “the visual storytellers” because we bring data to life through graphics and data visualization, as well as designing key elements for presentations and express/premium guides and packages.