Podcasting Success: Interviewing Top Executives With Michael Krigsman
Michael Krigsman, host of CXOTalk
With more than 800 interviews with top business leaders under his belt, Michael is an authority on podcasting and conducting interviews with top executives. In fact, Dennis refers to him as the Larry King of interviewing executives.
He is known for his poise and professionalism when interviewing, as well as his ability to extract valuable insights from his guests. He has a strong track record of success in the podcasting world and is considered an expert in the field. He is a valuable resource for anyone looking to start their own podcast or improve their interviewing skills.
Here are the tough questions that Michael answered
- How do you prepare for a podcast?
- What type of person is the hardest to interview?
- How do you get interviewees to open up and be authentic?
- Why do some episodes do significantly better than others?
- What particular metrics are you looking for?
- How do you consider the relationship between the different platforms you're using?
- What do you do when you lose track of your questions because you got distracted?
- How do you balance between trying to think ahead versus listening intently to what the guest is saying?
- Production quality vs. content quality, which is more important for you?
- How do you get important people to agree to an interview when you're not a big deal yet?
- From a business standpoint, how do you measure the ROI of your podcast?
- What happens when you unknowingly invite a jerk to your podcast?
- Is there a question you wish people would ask you?
- Meeting someone virtually first vs. in-person first, which is better?
- How do you manage the demand when you can't interview them all?
Here are some snippets from the interview
You may also be interested in the following resources: