I’ll be in a webinar this morning at 9 AM with Social Media Today. In it, we’ll be talking about paid and organic exposure on Facebook. But before all that, to make sure you’re up to speed, there are a few stats and facts you should know:
- Last September Facebook changed it algorithm, so users see less in their News Feeds. Because of this, reach and engagement have gone down.
- In Hollywood, for example, the biggest film studios saw a 23% decline in user engagement and a 45% drop in reach.
- Organic coverage is down 33% from July, while paid coverage is up 141% in November and 121% in December.
- There is a strong positive correlation between paid impressions and engagement rates. Pages that advertise get a 373% increase in organic impressions.
- Yet, 77% of Facebook pages aren’t running Facebook ads.
- The more a brand spends on ads, the higher its engagement.
- Between October and December of last year, the average CPC increased by 135% and the average CPM increased by 55%.
- During the same period, both the social CTR and non-social CTR have declined by 56.8% and 58% respectively.
The other panelists will be:
- Zach Magnum, VP of Social Products at Infusionsoft and Co-Founder of GroSocial.
- Douglas Karr, Chief Blogger/Founder of the Marketing Technology Blog and CEO of DK New Media.
- Richard Krueger, Senior Director of Marketing at MicroStrategy.
Moderated by Paul Dunay, Global Vice President of Marketing for Maxymiser.
Don’t forget to visit our resources below.
I look forward to seeing you at the webinar!
About the Author
Dennis Yu is the Chief Executive Officer of BlitzMetrics, a digital marketing company that partners with schools to train young adults. Dennis’s program centers around mentorship, helping students grow their expertise to manage social campaigns for enterprise clients like the Golden State Warriors, Nike, and Rosetta Stone.
He’s an internationally recognized lecturer in Facebook Marketing and has spoken in 17 countries, spanning 5 continents, including keynotes at L2E, Gultaggen, and Marketo Summit. Dennis has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, LA Times, National Public Radio, TechCrunch, CNN, Fox News, and CBS Evening News.
He’s a regular contributor for Adweek’s SocialTimes column and has published in Social Media Examiner, Social Media Club, Tweak Your Biz, B2C, Social Fresh, and Heyo. He held leadership positions at Yahoo! and American Airlines and studied Finance and Economics at Southern Methodist University as well as the London School of Economics. He ran collegiate cross-country at SMU and has competed in over 20 marathons including a 70-mile ultramarathon.
Besides being a Facebook data and ad geek, you can find him eating chicken wings or playing Ultimate Frisbee in a city near you.
You can contact him at email@example.com