I’ll be in a webinar this morning at 9 AM with Social Media Today. In it, we’ll be talking about paid and organic exposure on Facebook. But before all that, to make sure you’re up to speed, there are a few stats and facts you should know:
- Last September Facebook changed it algorithm, so users see less in their News Feeds. Because of this, reach and engagement have gone down.
- In Hollywood, for example, the biggest film studios saw a 23% decline in user engagement and a 45% drop in reach.
- Organic coverage is down 33% from July, while paid coverage is up 141% in November and 121% in December.
- There is a strong positive correlation between paid impressions and engagement rates. Pages that advertise get a 373% increase in organic impressions.
- Yet, 77% of Facebook pages aren’t running Facebook ads.
- The more a brand spends on ads, the higher its engagement.
- Between October and December of last year, the average CPC increased by 135% and the average CPM increased by 55%.
- During the same period, both the social CTR and non-social CTR have declined by 56.8% and 58% respectively.
The other panelists will be:
- Zach Magnum, VP of Social Products at Infusionsoft and Co-Founder of GroSocial.
- Douglas Karr, Chief Blogger/Founder of the Marketing Technology Blog and CEO of DK New Media.
- Richard Krueger, Senior Director of Marketing at MicroStrategy.
Moderated by Paul Dunay, Global Vice President of Marketing for Maxymiser.
Don’t forget to visit our resources below.
I look forward to seeing you at the webinar!
About the Author
You can find him quoted in major publications and on television such as CNN, the Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, NPR, and LA Times. Clients have included Nike, Red Bull, the Golden State Warriors, Ashley Furniture, Quiznos-- down to local service businesses like real estate agents and dentists. He's spoken at over 750 conferences in 20 countries, having flown over 6 million miles in the last 30 years to train up young adults and business owners. He speaks for free as long as the organization believes in the job-creation mission and covers business class travel.
You can find him hiking tall mountains, eating chicken wings, and taking Kaqun oxygen baths-- likely in a city near you.