Wondering how someone like Alex Berman has generated over $100 million via cold email?
Here are his 7 best cold email practices he wish he followed earlier:
1) Spend 4-6 minutes researching
Research your leads:
– Job title
– Company size
– Active social media channel
Don’t send emails to:
– Industry you have no case studies in
– People with no authority
– Companies with low budget
– People who don’t use email
2) Warm up your domain
Google filters hate inboxes created for cold outreach.
Warm it up so your emails look genuine. by:
– Creating a group of inboxes/domains
– Sending emails back and forth
– Opening and replying to each other’s emails
Software like Omni does this work automatically.
3) Set up inbox and signature
Make your email look personal, genuine, and real:
– Personal photo
– Phone number
– DMARC in domain DNS
– Email signature (name, title, address, etc)
Setting up your inbox correctly is the easiest way to pass through spam filters.
4) Never stop following a client that showed interest
Never let a good deal fall through until you get a yes or no.
Follow up with:
– New client victories
– Wish them at major festivals
– Congratulate them on business wins
Get the deal done, but don’t sound too desperate.
5) Start slow
So many people get this wrong. Don’t send 100s of emails from day 1 out of excitement.
– First week: 5-10 per day
– Increase by 40% for 1st month
– Slow down if the open rate plummets
Better to send less than to lose your domain.
6) Record data points
Cold email is a game of numbers.
If you don’t record your numbers, you can never improve.
Keep track of and aim for:
– Open rate – 80%
– Bounce rate – <10%
– Response rate – 25%
– Meeting book rate – 6%
7) Keep the email short
Prospects don’t have time to read paragraphs.
Keep your emails short:
– First line
– 1 sentence case study
– Strong CTA
Cut out everything else:
– Portfolio links
– Personalized videos
You might get only 1 chance with the prospect.
Make it count.
Want to learn how he generated $100 million via cold email? Join Alex Berman at Email10K Ultimate where you’ll learn how to:
– Generate million-dollar leads
– Master Omni-outreach
– Close 6-figure deals
– Fulfill any service without being an expert and much more!
About the Author