Wondering how someone like Alex Berman has generated over $100 million via cold email?
Here are his 7 best cold email practices he wish he followed earlier:
1) Spend 4-6 minutes researching
Research your leads:
– Job title
– Company size
– Active social media channel
Don’t send emails to:
– Industry you have no case studies in
– People with no authority
– Companies with low budget
– People who don’t use email
2) Warm up your domain
Google filters hate inboxes created for cold outreach.
Warm it up so your emails look genuine. by:
– Creating a group of inboxes/domains
– Sending emails back and forth
– Opening and replying to each other’s emails
Software like Omni does this work automatically.
3) Set up inbox and signature
Make your email look personal, genuine, and real:
– Personal photo
– Phone number
– DMARC in domain DNS
– Email signature (name, title, address, etc)
Setting up your inbox correctly is the easiest way to pass through spam filters.
4) Never stop following a client that showed interest
Never let a good deal fall through until you get a yes or no.
Follow up with:
– New client victories
– Wish them at major festivals
– Congratulate them on business wins
Get the deal done, but don’t sound too desperate.
5) Start slow
So many people get this wrong. Don’t send 100s of emails from day 1 out of excitement.
– First week: 5-10 per day
– Increase by 40% for 1st month
– Slow down if the open rate plummets
Better to send less than to lose your domain.
6) Record data points
Cold email is a game of numbers.
If you don’t record your numbers, you can never improve.
Keep track of and aim for:
– Open rate – 80%
– Bounce rate – <10%
– Response rate – 25%
– Meeting book rate – 6%
7) Keep the email short
Prospects don’t have time to read paragraphs.
Keep your emails short:
– First line
– 1 sentence case study
– Strong CTA
Cut out everything else:
– Portfolio links
– Personalized videos
You might get only 1 chance with the prospect.
Make it count.
Want to learn how he generated $100 million via cold email? Join Alex Berman at Email10K Ultimate where you’ll learn how to:
– Generate million-dollar leads
– Master Omni-outreach
– Close 6-figure deals
– Fulfill any service without being an expert and much more!
About the Author
You can find him quoted in major publications and on television such as CNN, the Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, NPR, and LA Times. Clients have included Nike, Red Bull, the Golden State Warriors, Ashley Furniture, Quiznos-- down to local service businesses like real estate agents and dentists. He's spoken at over 750 conferences in 20 countries, having flown over 6 million miles in the last 30 years to train up young adults and business owners. He speaks for free as long as the organization believes in the job-creation mission and covers business class travel.
You can find him hiking tall mountains, eating chicken wings, and taking Kaqun oxygen baths-- likely in a city near you.