How To Take Out Timestamps And Blog Post Ideas
- Video transcription.
The goal of making a cut list is to communicate the story that lies within the content so the editor who takes the video on can easily do the edit and put their own creative spin on the video. If the cut lists and notes are detailed enough, we want to knock the videos out in the first couple of iterations.
The idea here is to create at least 3 One-Minute Videos and at least 3 2-5-minute short videos from a 1-hour recording which we can use and post to multiple social media channels. Keep in mind that each platform has its own specific dimensions or aspect ratios that can optimize every content we pull out.
Also, write 1 or 2 blog post ideas with a short outline (if necessary).
- Watch through the entire video and understand the meaning of the video while referencing the transcription in order to easily traverse through the keywords and topics of the video.
- Can I add an engaging 3-5 second hook?
- What is the central message of this piece of content?
- Who might end up seeing this content?
- How many completed videos will the editor make from this one RAW video?
- Is there a way to emotionally engage the audience?
The topics are approximately 5 minutes each but may vary depending on the conversation that the people in the video are having.
3. Create the Cut List.
- Add indication of cuts according to seconds.
- Add the quote that each new cut starts with.
Follow these examples:
- 0:04-0:28- “When I was...”
- 1:21-2:02- “I believe...”
- 2:35-2:42- “I am...”
4. Add a title for each snippet that needs to be edited.
- This is to make the video reusable in a long period of time.
- Once we have created multiple snippets out of a long-form video, iterate in Basecamp.
- Separate each snippet in their own to-do list. This is for us not to spawn a ton of video output on a single to-do task. And we also want to have the same video editor work on every snippet that was pulled out in the same video. We aim for the video editor to be familiar with the flow of each snippet and have all the assets ready for the same client or project.