This guide will teach you the process of creating a Media Room in Signal Genesys.
This process will be initiated after the process for setting up the client account has been completed and the Media Room component enabled.
There are three methods or options for setting up Media Rooms:
- Branded Domain;
- Hosted Domain, and
- Branded Integration.
The options vary depending upon the type of subscription. For free accounts, only the third option is available.
- Open the Entities screen by clicking on the Entities Menu. In the list, click on the gear icon to
the right of the client name that you want to create the Media Room and select App Channels
from the drop-down list.
- This will open up the screen with the Media Room Button:
- On clicking the Media Room button above, you will be presented with three options
(again, this depends on the subscription plan):
- On clicking on the Branded Domain option, you will be presented with the following input
screen to add the domain name and request certificate:
- That will provide the first set of CNAME records:
- Now, you will copy the Name and Value (Target) one by one and paste it to the DNS Manager
like GoDaddy, CloudFlare and paste these as a new record:
- Then click on Refresh on the screen under 5 above, and that will bring a confirmation screen
of domain validation and next, you request branded domain by clicking on that button:
- The next screen will bring up the final CNAME record that again needs to be added as a record
in the DNS Manage. Also, change the proxy button to DNS only by clicking on that button:
- And, the Media Room in this method is published. Note that the time that it takes to go live
varies depending on the system that is being used. While CloudFare will probably take only
10 minutes to update the DNS record, systems like GoDaddy may take hours.
- On selecting the second option in the screen under 3 above, the following screen will appear
where a subdomain name and domain name is selected. Note that the domain field is a
drop-down list containing only one option, which is “mediaroom.app”. Select this and
click on Request Hosted Domain at the bottom of the screen:
- That’s it! The Media Room is active:
This option is for setting up the Media Room directly on the client’s website
- On selecting the third option in the screen under 3 above, the following screen will appear
(Media Room drop-down) from where you will select the ‘Create Media Room Code.’:
- This creates a Media Room code. Click on Copy Integration Code:
- Log in to the client website, and create a new page called Media Room in WordPress, paste
the HTML code and publish:
The next step is creating articles/press releases in the Media Rooms. Here’s a one-page checklist:
Publishing a Press Release on Signal Genesys – One-Pager Checklist
- Create a new entity if not already created;
- Obtain edit access to the client’s DNS Manager for Branded Media Room;
- Obtain edit access to their website to add Media Room Page for Branded Integration Media Room;
- Create the 3 Media Rooms as explained above;
- Write An Article About Pillar Content (Long-form Video);
- Create a new Press Release using the ‘Create From Scratch’ option under Contents in Signal Genesys and repurpose the article for PR;
- Follow step-by-step within Signal Genesys for PR creation;
- Perform self-review and save as draft for client/peer / supervisory review;
- Click on Publish after resolving the review comments, and
- Inform the client once it is published.